Legal AttorneyApply Job ID 440455BR Date posted 09/21/2021 Location(s) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Our people are at the center, discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. In October 2020, IBM announced it's intention to separate the IT Infrastructure Services unit of its Global Technology Services division into a new, separate public company, creating two industry-leading companies - IBM and Kyndryl. The spin-off is expected to be completed by the end of 2021. To find out more about Kyndryl, including information relating to privacy, please visit Kyndryl.com.
Please be aware Kyndryl will continue to use some IBM systems for a certain period after spin-off. This means when you sign up to either the IBM or Kyndryl candidate portal, you will have the benefit of being able to see and apply for IBM and Kyndryl jobs and to access information about IBM and Kyndryl jobs you have applied to, for a limited period from either candidate portal. If you have already signed up as a candidate on IBM’s portal, please continue to use this account to access IBM and Kyndryl jobs.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesKyndrylLegal is currently looking for an experienced attorney with strong academic credentials to join its MEA Legal Team. Reporting to MEA Legal Counsel in Dubai, the successful candidate will be based in Saudi Arabia, with a focus on IBM’s business operations in Egyptand the Middle East and Africa. The role will primarily involve negotiating, drafting, managing and analysing a wide variety of technology services transactions, including strategic outsourcing, software, cloud, analytics, sales, business partner, finance, supplier and teaming agreements with both local and multinational customers and suppliers in the country and wider region. You will also be responsible for providing advice and support to the business and assisting the local management and MEA Counsel in all legal matters, including but not limited to regulatory matters, operational issues, HR matters, troubled projects, litigation, investigation, transactional support, etc.The candidate will be expected to work with the MEA and wider global Legal team in supporting IBM’s business. The candidate will also be expected to provide support for compliance and ethics matters.
Candidates must be highly motivated, articulate, demonstrate sound communication, negotiation, drafting, people and organizational skills, and be comfortable and confident in dealing directly with all levels of local management. Knowledge of IT, networking, services, hardware, and software industries is a strong plus. The successful candidate will be able to work independently but collaboratively with a high energy and talented team of professionals.
- Admitted attorney/solicitor with 6+ years PQE including in-house experience. Regional and cross boarder experience preferred
- Multinational/international legal knowledge and expertise is preferred.
- Knowledge of contractual law, anti-trust, company law, labor law, Intellectual Property, and litigation. Ability to negotiate, draft and vet contracts that address complex and difficult issues.
- Ability to manage outside counsel. Ability to speak articulately and persuasively to individuals at all management levels.
- Ability to determine appropriate action/solutions to complex legal and business issues dealing with clients and customers.
- Requires law degree. Admitted to practice in local jurisdiction with relevant practice experience.
- English & Arabic Fluency is essential
Competencies & Skills:
- Ability to lead and function in a team and work independently
- Ability to accept responsibility/high ethical standards
- Ability to identify and assess risks and make objective decisions in the best interest of the company, taking the relevant legal and business issues into consideration
- Sound drafting, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to react positively to a changing environment
- Ability to express clearly both verbally and writing
-Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment, and to meet critical deadlines
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
|- Admission as attorney/solicitor or advocate|
- Minimum 8+ years post admission experience in practice as an attorney or advocate and relevant in-house experience preferably as leader of an in-house department in the ME.
- Knowledge of networking, consulting services, hardware and software industries a strong plus
- Relevant in-house experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
|- Additional business, tax, commercial or other appropriate qualification is preferable|
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Some travel may be required based on business demand
(Y059) Kyndryl Saudi Information Technology Company
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position