Cloud Solution Architect - KyndrylApply Job ID 475425BR Date posted 10/18/2021 Location(s) Paris, France; Marseille, France; Lille, France; Bois-Colombes, France
We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Our people are at the center, discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. In October 2020, IBM announced it's intention to separate the IT Infrastructure Services unit of its Global Technology Services division into a new, separate public company, creating two industry-leading companies - IBM and Kyndryl. The spin-off is expected to be completed by the end of 2021. To find out more about Kyndryl, including information relating to privacy, please visit Kyndryl.com.
Please be aware Kyndryl will continue to use some IBM systems for a certain period after spin-off. This means when you sign up to either the IBM or Kyndryl candidate portal, you will have the benefit of being able to see and apply for IBM and Kyndryl jobs and to access information about IBM and Kyndryl jobs you have applied to, for a limited period from either candidate portal. If you have already signed up as a candidate on IBM’s portal, please continue to use this account to access IBM and Kyndryl jobs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Cloud Solution Architect, you will integrate a Cloud team specialized in the design and construction phase of IT infrastructures in a Cloud-type model (Private, Public, Hybrid), to help our clients for their digital transformation.
This team is responsible for the following main activities:
- Understand the needs
- Define the IT target and the relevant migration activities
- Size the estimated workload
- Assist during the migration step and/or modernization
- Make the migration to the chosen model
Your mission will consist more specifically in leading the architecture activities of design (HLD, LLD), and support to implementation of the new environment by relying on proven methods and standard tools
Your key Responsibilities:
- Design and support for the construction of the target cloud solution (landing Zone) based on good practices of cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud…)
- Integrate bests practices of security and resiliency on the deployed environments
- Keep in mind to offer high performance level, scalability, maintainability and reliability
- Deploy industrializing the target Architecture with an automation method (Infra as code) and Operational excellence (DevOps)
- Contribute to the performance of technical tests as part of the migration and / or modernization
- Participate in the transfer / handover to customer teams or to other IBM teams
- Define cost control strategies
- Explain and review their work with the various stakeholders, including the various contacts of the end customer and project management
- Supervise the technical teams in the construction phases
Some travels (In France) are expected for customers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You justify 1 experience of at least 3 to 5 years as Cloud Solution Architect
- You are certified, and have real experience, on one or several Hyperscaler AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google, IBM cloud.)
- You master the concepts, and know how to apply them, from the Public, Private, Hybrid cloud
- You like working in a team, have good interpersonal skills and you have good negotiation skills
- You have analytical and synthesis skills, rigor
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- You also show interest in technical subjects (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.) and automation of IT operations (e.g. Infrastructure as Code, Git OPS ...)
- You master the Agile methodology necessary for this type of project
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
(Y024) Kyndryl France S.A.S.
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position