CH&S Safety & Industrial Hygiene Specialist: Business OperationsApply Job ID 426248BR Date posted 09/08/2021 Location(s) Luxembourg, Luxembourg; Bastogne, Belgium; Brussels, Belgium
We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Our people are at the center, discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. In October 2020, IBM announced it's intention to separate the IT Infrastructure Services unit of its Global Technology Services division into a new, separate public company, creating two industry-leading companies - IBM and Kyndryl. The spin-off is expected to be completed by the end of 2021. To find out more about Kyndryl, including information relating to privacy, please visit Kyndryl.com.
Please be aware Kyndryl will continue to use some IBM systems for a certain period after spin-off. This means when you sign up to either the IBM or Kyndryl candidate portal, you will have the benefit of being able to see and apply for IBM and Kyndryl jobs and to access information about IBM and Kyndryl jobs you have applied to, for a limited period from either candidate portal. If you have already signed up as a candidate on IBM’s portal, please continue to use this account to access IBM and Kyndryl jobs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Provides technical direction and advice and counsel to management, stakeholders and employees based on legal requirements, regulatory guidelines, technical and global standards.
- Co-ordinate all Corporate Health & Safety activities in the field of safety and health
- Act as the primary interface with the executive management, local authorities and third parties.
- Support emergency response, evacuation plans and first-aid program.
- Recognize and evaluate potential hazards/risks and recommend prevention controls in the work environment.
- Upkeep of safety procedures for various business activities
- Keep abreast of regulatory and internal requirements in addition to professional advancements in employee health & safety disciplines.
- Maintain health & safety processes and records to achieve Regulatory requirements and Kyndryl objectives.
- Actively participate in technical meetings, professional societies, technical standard-setting activities and dialog with appropriate public agencies as well as Kyndryl clients
- Work on cross border & global tasks like, health & safety audits, management reviews & peer reviews.
- Work with Medical service provider, Kyndryl physician to analyze the trends and work with Health Promotion function to create a positive employee well-being culture.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of business unit strategies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor/Post Bachelor’s degree in the field of Science/Engineering
- Should be certified in the field of Occupational Health & Safety.
- Proficient with IT office applications & social media competence
- Around 5 years of experience preferably working in Information Technology or Service industry or Electronic industry and/or working with large employee base.
- Knowledge of local legal regulations
- Knowledge of stipulated country code related to building safety aspects like, fire/life safety, electrical safety, Indoor Air Quality, Maintenance safety and others.
- Manage contractor safety program in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Emergency Response & Crisis Management Principles which includes but not limited to pandemic, medical first aid, fire safety, natural and manmade disasters. Ergonomic principles to characterize risk factors in the workplace.
- Ability to carry out health & safety risk evaluations, categorize and apply prevention and protection measures
- Knowledge of performing building safety reviews/audits, accident/incident investigation and validate program effectiveness/compliance.
- Experience of working with worker council and with senior management
- Manage workplace health & safety records and reports in compliance to regulatory and IBM requirements.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Project management techniques and disciplines.
- Food and water safety principles and knowledge of HACCP/ISO 22000 standards
- Safety concepts with home working, mobile working, client locations and events.
- Knowledge of decision driving and transportation safety program
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
CH&S Safety & Industrial Hygiene Specialist
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
(Y005) Kyndryl Belgium BV/SRL
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position