Client Technical Architect - Hybrid CloudApply Job ID 421472BR Date posted 09/15/2021 Location(s) Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR; Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong SAR; Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR; Yuen Long Kau Hui, Hong Kong SAR
We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Our people are at the center, discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. In October 2020, IBM announced it's intention to separate the IT Infrastructure Services unit of its Global Technology Services division into a new, separate public company, creating two industry-leading companies - IBM and Kyndryl. The spin-off is expected to be completed by the end of 2021. To find out more about Kyndryl, including information relating to privacy, please visit Kyndryl.com.
Please be aware Kyndryl will continue to use some IBM systems for a certain period after spin-off. This means when you sign up to either the IBM or Kyndryl candidate portal, you will have the benefit of being able to see and apply for IBM and Kyndryl jobs and to access information about IBM and Kyndryl jobs you have applied to, for a limited period from either candidate portal. If you have already signed up as a candidate on IBM’s portal, please continue to use this account to access IBM and Kyndryl jobs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Serve as pre-sales architect and work with Seller in assigned strategic opportunities. He/she requires to work with cross-functional domain specialists to define customer requirements, build solution with costing, risk mitigation models, and overall solution approach and proposal.
- Obtain good and accurate understanding of client’s requirement in closed collaboration with relevant IBM, partner and client stakeholders.
- Articulate and discuss IBM services and solutions, best practices, use cases and industry trends in an advisory capacity during presales engagements
- Produce solution modelling with components, costings, risk and mitigation factors that position IBM to win opportunities
- Responsible to compile solution models and statements of work through assurance gating with Delivery (and extended functional teams where required)
- Participate in, and/or be responsible for the creation, harvesting, protection, and reuse of IBM's intellectual capital.
- Maintain understanding of current and emerging technology, trends and toolsets in the industry.
- Strong background in enterprise grade architectural design and engineering on cloud enabled IT infrastructure
- Over 8 years proven pre-sales experience on hybrid multi-cloud and cloud migration solution in:
- Designing and implementing highly available and scalable hybrid cloud solutions, and “as-a-Service” model
- Leading cloud transformation journey on cloud migration (Move to Cloud) and governance (Cloud Management).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen
- Ability to present complex delivery and technical concepts to the clients during white-boarding and orals sessions
- Technical and professional experiences on private cloud solution (like software defined data centre) and public cloud is a must
- Possess working knowledge of Public Cloud, Containers Management, Automation, BigData platform, and DevSecOps.
- Understanding and experience with Cloud Application Design, Machine Learning and AI related technologies.
- Certification(s) of major private cloud solution such as Nutanix, VMware is a must
- Certification(s) of major public cloud such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud is a must
Required Technical and Professional Expertisesee job description
Preferred Technical and Professional Experiencesee job description
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
(Y028) Kyndryl Hong Kong Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position