Technical SpecialistApply Job ID 476263BR Date posted 10/20/2021 Location(s) Calgary, Canada; Ottawa, Canada; Toronto, Canada; Montreal, Canada; Markham, Canada; Acheson, Canada; Edmonton, Canada; Burnaby, Canada; Kamloops, Canada; North Saanich, Canada; Vancouver, Canada; Victoria, Canada; Winnipeg, Canada; Florenceville-Bristol, Canada; Fredericton, Canada; St. John's, Canada; St. John, Canada; Bedford, Canada; Halifax, Canada; Barrie, Canada; Hamilton, Canada; Kingston, Canada; London, Canada; Mississauga, Canada; North Bay, Canada; Canada; Oshawa, Canada; Vaughan, Canada; Dorval, Canada; Drummondville, Canada; Kirkland, Canada; Pointe-Claire, Canada; Sainte-Foy, Canada; Regina, Canada; Saskatoon, Canada; Canada
We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Our people are at the center, discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. In October 2020, IBM announced it's intention to separate the IT Infrastructure Services unit of its Global Technology Services division into a new, separate public company, creating two industry-leading companies - IBM and Kyndryl. The spin-off is expected to be completed by the end of 2021. To find out more about Kyndryl, including information relating to privacy, please visit Kyndryl.com.
Please be aware Kyndryl will continue to use some IBM systems for a certain period after spin-off. This means when you sign up to either the IBM or Kyndryl candidate portal, you will have the benefit of being able to see and apply for IBM and Kyndryl jobs and to access information about IBM and Kyndryl jobs you have applied to, for a limited period from either candidate portal. If you have already signed up as a candidate on IBM’s portal, please continue to use this account to access IBM and Kyndryl jobs.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesKyndryl is looking for leaders who are passionate about helping some of the world’s biggest companies make their Journey to the Cloud and Digital Transformations. Do you know enough about the public cloud, RedHat technologies or Consulting to help the workloads that run the world find fit-for-purpose infrastructure in today’s cutting-edge cloud paradigms? Can you break that knowledge down for our clients to show them their opportunities and solve their risks?
Our Hybrid Cloud professionals are leaders. They’ve gained 10+ years’ experience in technology, 10+ years’ experience in Cloud and Cloud Multicloud Infrastructures and are ready to make a meaningful impact on our clients. Sometimes that leadership manifests in such deep technical expertise that they can lead and perform hands-on technical build, migration, and technical designs for projects to achieve client’s transformations and to help rescue clients from blocked or difficult projects. Translating client requirements, understanding client’s circumstances, and executing project services to support the design and implementation of converged infrastructure solutions, in order to deliver cloud operations, consolidate and protect workloads. You will use assets and reference architectures, build proof-of concepts, build and execute implementation plans, testing plans and deployment plans to address client requirements and work with products or solutions based on partner hardware and/or partner software.
Kyndryl is making a big bet on cloud and we need people who have a deep technical background expertise in the technologies that will make our customers successful. To be a Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Architect at Kyndryl you should be ready to be hands on from technical solutioning, project startup, implementation and project close.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Deliverable based driven
- Canadian Security L2 Cleared
- Client Facing Success Driven
- Client Satisfaction Focused
- Strong & Trusted relationships with clients
- Business Growth Passion
- Problem Solver & Creative Thinker
- Desired Outcome Focused
- Diligent and Engaging Communicator
- Timely and Accurate information keeper
- Works without supervision and strong collaboration
- Performs and Balances tasks on multiple concurrent projects across multiple customers
- Understands department/ functional mission and vision
- Exposed to demands of travel and irregular work hours
- Review and validate the BOM, assess client's requirements, and product's specifications/features.
- Create the required artifacts (design document, diagrams, build book, etc..)
- Design and Implement the infrastructure to support the solution
- Work closely with various teams to gather business and technical requirements.
- Accountable for successful delivery of highly complex, multi-disciplined consulting engagements that deliver lasting and measurable value to clients
- Develop a point of view, capture, prioritize and analyze technical (functional and non-functional) requirements
- Possess strong leadership skills and further the evolution of intellectual capital assets and developing architectural resources
- Manage the technical architectural contract terms and conditions
- Educate, mentor and coach teams in applying architectural techniques
- Facilitate and capture lessons learned from projects to update methodologies and assets
- Conduct architectural lunch and learns to disseminate knowledge
- Be a recognized as a technical though leader inside and outside of Kyndryl
- Support company initiatives for offerings, contracts, technologies, and go-to-market
- Set priorities to build technical architectural and project assets/deliverables for repurposing
- Provided professional services (Design, Deployment, Troubleshooting, Assessment)
- Provided professional services to reinforce client's security governance, and to improve and manage the client's cybersecurity exposure.
- Implementation of clients' technical strategy
- Designed and implemented a secure and compliant design and infrastructures solution meeting delivery criteria
- Increasing the quality, quantity and frequency of client conversations and engagements for project and implementation services opportunities
- Increase the awareness, applicability and value of consulting services with our clients, sales force and delivery organization
- Achieve a “trusted advisor” personas as viewed by our clients, seller and delivery organization
- Instill a sense of urgency and drive to close consulting practice deals
- Maximize the project and architecture practice abilities and capabilities to increase project and solution success
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- AWS Cloud
- Google Cloud
- IBM Cloud
- Virtualization Infrastructures
- Red Hat Openstack, Openshift, Ansible, RHEL
- Process Improvements: Application Tuning, Design and Infrastructure, Sizing and Scalability, Cache Tuning, Automation/Deployments, Development Cycles, Clustering, Failover, DR, Documentation
- Database: Indexing, Schemas, Tables, Data, SQL development, SQL Queries, JDBC Tuning, DB password encryption, Data Pump, synching and data validation
- Platforms: WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, Wordpress, JBoss, WebLogic, Oracle Commerce
- Tools: Oracle JDK & Open JDK, Bash Scripting, JBoss CLI subsystem, TDA Software, Confluence & Jira
- Leading teams towards an outcome and break down impediments
- Applied Implementation “Hand on” using best practices to deliver cloud, network and/or security solution.
- Applied Mature Architecture design framework, principles and methodologies (high-level technical design, low-level technical design, and technical solution design integration)
- Strong Applied Cloud infrastructure engineering and designing skills
- Strong Applied Redhat Openstack engineering, designing, implementation skills
- Applied Journey to Cloud Transformations (to IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) strategies and principles
- Applied Enterprise Automation strategies and principles
- Applied Enterprise Resiliency strategies and principles
- Ability to Interpret requirements and create solutions
- Ability to Facilitate workshops
- Managing technical project workstreams to completion
- Ability to articulate key technologies’ impact on security, availability, cost, capacity, transformation, risk, business enablement and transformation objectives
- Ability to evaluate risk and merit to make recommendations
- Applied Client Facing Ability to understand and provide guidance and recommendations on solutions to address clients’ needs, challenges and transformations
- Evaluate risk and merit to make recommendations on available and speculative information
Required Technical and Professional ExpertiseEducation Requirements:
- University graduated in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Electronics & Electricals or any other related field.
- Azure Cloud Certifications
- AWS Cloud Fundamentals
- Google Cloud Fundamentals
- IBM Cloud Fundamentals
- IBM middleware certification(s) (WAS, DB2, TSM/Spectrum Protect, Storage)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- MS Windows Server Certification
- IBM AIX, Linux, RHEL, UNIX Certifications
- AWS Cloud Certifications
- Google Cloud Certifications
- IBM Cloud Certifications
- Terraform and Python Certifications
- Red Hat Openshift, RHEL, Ansible Certifications
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
(Y009) Kyndryl Canada Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position